- Simplicity: all Nicols boats can be driven without a licence, regardless of their size.
- Freedom: you can stop wherever and whenever you please... you're completely independent...
- Peace and tranquillity: get away from it all in a beautiful setting...
- Get back to nature: the flora and fauna changing colours with the seasons. A canal barge holiday takes you to the very heart of nature.
- Explore heritage and local cuisine: each village is brimming with cultural treasures (castles, museums, etc.) along with restaurants and vineyards!
- Activities for young and old alike: swimming, fishing, picnics on the canal bank, walks or bike rides along the tow path... There's never a dull moment on a canal barge holiday!
Canal barge holiday
Are you looking for an unusual holiday to share with family or friends?
Why not hire a canal barge?
No licence needed!
Hire a canal barge on Europe's finest rivers
In France, Germany or Portugal: NICOLS rents out canal barges on Europe's finest rivers for your next canal barge holiday!
- Canal barge rental on the Canal du Midi : explore one the most famous canals in France, in Mediterranean sunshine...
- Raise your anchor on the Canal de Bourgogne combining history, local cuisine and world famous Burgundy wines
- Get on board your canal barge to explore Brittany, land of legends...
- For an unusual holiday, choose Alsace by canal barge : Arzviller barge elevator, Niderviller tunnels, ...
.. In all, Nicols offers canal barge hire from around twenty destinations !
Choose Nicols and its self-drive canal barges
Since 1986, Nicols has built over 600 canal barges at its boatyards. Its experience and know-how is famous in the boating holiday world: over 30,000 passengers choose a Nicols canal barge for their holiday every year!