Canal boating holiday in the Val de Loire Nivernais
Enjoy a canal boating holiday in the heart of France cruising through the regions of Briare and Sancerre:
Take your NICOLS canal barge down the Canal de Briare, the Canal latéral à la Loire and the splendid Canal du Nivernais, and discover the pleasures of boating holidays: enjoy a peaceful way of travelling as you arrive at charming villages packed with places to see and slotted between hills and forests.
Just 2 or 2½ hours from Paris depending on your chosen departure point, both Rogny and Plagny are great starting points for a boating holiday exploring the regions:
- refined cuisine and famous local products,
- local arts and crafts (pottery, enamel, porcelain, etc.),
- beaches along the Loire,
- historical sites such as La Charité sur Loire on the St James' Way.
- Nevers, a town steeped in art and history,
- remarkable historical sites such as the Guédelon medieval site,
- and the wild beauty of the Loire offering up beautiful fauna and flora to thrill nature lovers...
Hire a canal barge on the canal de Briare, the Canal Latéral à la Loire, the Canal du Nivernais
Our boat hire base at Rogny provides boating holidays for travel either on a canal (Canal de Briare, Canal du Loing) or on a river (the Yonne)
Meanwhile our Plagny base to the south, just a few miles from Nevers, offers you the chance to travel on the Canal latéral à la Loire or meet up with the famous canal du Nivernais... Nicols also offers you a one-way boating trip from Rogny to Plagny (or vice versa) to really make the most of the landscapes and sites to be explored along the route...